Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Went for a walk today.

Today
Went for a walk today. And this time, I brought my trusty nex 7 with me. Took some pictures, of drains and drain covers and the leaves that were on top of the drain cover. I was so happy I did. Spent about an hour today, but I went home happy. I went into a garden, tended by a Mr Lee and I was so happy taking pictures of the "fruits of his labour". Geddit? There were winter melons, passion fruit and so also kedon dong.




3some
The Kedon Dongs.
The kedon dongs are usually pickled and can be said to be very fibrous when riped. Its sour and I usually eat this with a sprinkling of salt. The fruits are what I eat during my child hood days. And as I munch on the two of them, I fondly remembers the first time I ate. It was when I was living in Bedok and when I was around 9 years old. At that time, these Kedon Dong was pickled in brine. There was also pickled papayas, which I simply loved.

The Winter Melons
Mr Lee was very excited to show me the huge winter melon. It was big. But the test is in the taste, but in that respect, he did not allow me to test it. Oh well, maybe next time, I get luckier. Enjoy the rest of the pictures.

Slim
Red Tulip
Half Eaten, Sedap!

Baby Winter Melon

A bunch of Kedon-Dong

Passion fruit

Tomatoes

Winte Melon

No comments: