Thursday, October 31, 2013

Walk

Today
Went for another walk today. Felt I needed to do something to kick off the slumberiness in me. Went to Jalan Kayu and took my Nex 7 and Sigma 30mm with me. Instead of walking along the main road,   I saw steps leading to somewhere I have never seen before. I went up and saw that it leads to an open patch of land. It seemed promising enough.
Patch of Land
Ferns
Prior to the start of the walk, I realised something I did not realise before. There is this one tree and it's covered with ferns. Huge birdnest and staghorn ferns. I took some pictures of those. Brought an inappropriate lens so I cannot really convey the actual size of them.
Ferns
Steps
I cannot believe it but I actually went up the steps. Right on top I saw the patch of land and a narrow, short path that leads to one end of Lorong Thanggam. I have not been here before, and I am getting truly excited. Saw some bougainvillea bushes and they were an assortment of colors. There was one with light purple flowers, one with yellow flowers and one with a deep purple hue. I took some pictures of them and realise that not many came out that nice.
Yellow Bougainvillea

Deep Purple Bougainvillea

Rochelle
I also saw some Rochelle plants. I know that my mother-in-law make this into a pleasant sweet drinks. I wished I could just pluck it off.
Rochelle

Lorong Samak
I went down Lorong Thanggam until I get to the corner of Lorong Samak and Jalan Kayu. It was there that I hope I took pictures which I hope can be worthy of the history books.
Jalan Kayu Color

Jalan Kayu, desaturated



Hope to take out my Olympus EP1 and a 45mm 1.8 tomorrow.

Slim


No comments: