Tuesday, October 01, 2013

Sparkle.

Sparkle. by Nor Salman
Sparkle., a photo by Nor Salman on Flickr.

New
My neighbour has just gotten a new dog. She named her Sparkle. Her pet of more than 10 years has passed away and she was very affected by the loss. I know, nothing can replace the ones that has passed, but hopefully, this new dog can open a new chapter as the old one closess.

Bark
This new dog, is not really a young dog. She is 13 years old. Even then, she is a playful dog. When she first arrived, she will bark at me whenever I walk pass the house. Today, instead of walking off, I stood in front of the house and I observed. Although she was growling and barking, I noticed that she was wagging her tail. I decided to come again.

By the way, I have never dealt with dogs. Being a Muslim, I don't keep dogs and even though I am discouraged from touching them, I think, like us, they are Allah's creatures.

The next time
I came over again a few hours later and I stood at the front door. My neighbour came and we chatted. I told her that maybe the reason that Sparkle barked at me is that she is not sure of who I am. So we chatted and no sooner that we started chatting, she stopped barking and brought her stuff toy to me. She dropped it in front of me and I gingerly threw it away from her, asking her to fetch. I hope she did, because after that, I went away for my walk.

After the next time
I came back from my walk, and I realised that there was no more barking. Perhaps it was because she may not be at home, or perhaps, I am not being threatening. I hope it was the latter.

Oh well, life is short, make the most out of it.
Slim

Via Flickr:
A neighbour's dog. Nex 7 with Contax 45mm f2

No comments: