Sunday, May 23, 2010

Exams


Today is Sunday the 23rd of May 2010. Its is 11.30 at night and I'm sleepy as hell. But tried as I might, I can't sleep. Maybe I'm stressed out by my first sociological paper tomorrow. I've never done sociology before and after flunking my first assignment, the first ever, I think that studying is really hard. Duh!
Just finished my English papers last Friday. Alot of hard work went into that paper. I mean I'd studied for more than 24 hours, before the paper. A couple of friends booked a study room hours before the exam. Personally, I think that that is a waste of time. How could anything be cramped inside your brain just before the exam. But I must admit, it does helped to soothe the nerve a bit; at least I know that there are at least 2 other person who sucks at this as I am. However, the paper came, and went and I can confidently say that it was er, a good paper. There was this lady, who at half past the hour we started, stood up and leave. I mean, isn't that a good thing?
I myself left about 20 minutes before the time was up. After which I waited for the other two friends who kindly gave me a lift back home. They were nice.
Let me see, what happened today?
Hmm, oh yeah, I woke up groggy today. Perhaps it was because I went to catch Robin Hood. This one starred Russel Crowe. Boy, did he make SAF snipers looked like bo bo shooters. Amazing actor he. The movie started at 12.50 am, we were there at 11.30pm. And it ended at 3.30am. Did I mentioned that we were there at 11.30pm?
So, once I did managed to walk in a straight line, I drove Adam to his swimming class. Su stayed with him while I went back to catch some more zzs.
After which, we went to Woodlands Civic Center. There we went to Tom and Stephanie looking for a pair of pants for Adam. Its a big store. We went there to get Adam's stuff to prepare for his entry into the world, and here we are again, when he is 8 years old. We did found a pair, but its under the adult section. I guess, we can skip looking at the kids section from now onwards. We bought T shirts at $29.90 a piece and we bought about ten of them. When you add them all up, well, it just does not make any sense, let alone dollars.
Anyway, we picked up my nephew, and we had lunch at Causeway Point's Banquet. I really like the Korean Food stall. The chicken bulgogi (I don't know how to pronounce it correctly, so I just pointed to the picture) combo with saba fish is very, very satisfying. From there, we headed to my in-law's place where we nearly turn it upside down playing nerf. There were 5 guns and lots of darts that we had to pick up after the major shoot out. Note: googles are a must when you are playing with people who are not that safety conscious.
We ended the day at Woodlands Mart, where we had our dinner at Forks and Spoons. The pasta is a must miss!!
So now I'm here, and its just past midnight. So good morning everybody. And may I express my condolence to the family of the late Dr Goh Keng Swee. He may be Singapore's founding father, but he is after all a father to some, a husband to one and the one who introduced national service.
Slim.

No comments: