Tuesday, May 18, 2010

13 inches

It is twelve noon. I should be studying, but since I woke up at 11, I guess I can backtime it an hour or so.

Bought myself a 13 inch mac book pro. Cost me $1788. It's one of those "I need it only to discover that I don't after I bought it" kind of thing. Anyway, the story goes like this.

Once upon a time, when it was a day for reckoning for this one person, he discovered that his 15 inch mac book pro died on him.

"Oh no! What should I do?" he panicked! "My offering to the god of assignment is due in a few hours!"

Knowing that he had backed up his entire computer into his time machine, he frantically went to his mac mini only to realise that he could only enter mac mini's backup if he went into the time machine. He desperately needed the sound file which was in the 15 inch mac book pro.

In desperation, this handsome man called one of his best buddies. This best buddy, who bought the same make and model of apple a few hours before he did, some two and a half years ago, told him that similar thing happened to his mac book pro. But he got it fixed for free as they were under a recall program.

So, both of them gather at the temple of IT stuff at Funan and sent the mac book to be serviced. Lo and behold, the gods of IT stuff and Mac, decided to have the laptop fixed for free. But the knowledge comes at a price. The laptop can only be collected in 3 working days.

"Thats mad!" Thats unfair! Take me! Leave me mac alone!" I cried, silently.

Again, the gods were merciful. This buddy of his had another buddy who knew another buddy that runs the temple of multi media, where for there were many macs to be had for some sacrificial plastic of credit.

"The gods of buddies must be with me..." I said with tears swelling in my left eye.

So there, with the aid of the gods of buddies and his several messengers, I manage to scoop a 13 inch mac book pro, without gst and it comes with a keyboard protector free! Rushed home, I plugged the 13 inch mbp and have the time machine do its work.

It worked! All of my data, application and settings were transferred into my 13inch mbp within 2 hours. "Wah!"

However, the gods of mac were laughing at me when I realised that I could access the file without the use of my mbp. All I needed to do was to click on the side bar instead of entering the time machine. Damn! All that was needed was knowledge and not anxiety. I have wasted 1788 worth of plastic credit and in a few days time, the god of plastic would be knocking in my letter box for my redemption. Sheesh!

But here I am, punching the black keys on the keyboard of my new 13 inch mbp. Not bad, although I could lose the keyboard protector.

Those who are interested to get into Mac heaven (there is no mac hell, thats McDonalds),
click here.

No comments: