Saturday, April 16, 2011

Punggol Riverside Park

Went to Riverside Park today. I can't remember how many times I have been there but I know that today I started off grumpily.

My left knee was not being cooperatives in letting me walk and I was, well, in pain. But I drag myself to the park with Su and Adam (pix) and limped from the carpark to the park. There were many people there and I would think that more than a few were being sympathetic to me. But I was not there to be sympathize on, I was there to be with my family.

Adam brought his Kang Scooter Su brought along a Kick Scooter. I think there were at the park a good ten minutes before I could reach them.

Nevertheless, I could feel my knee complying to my wishes and although I was walking quite slowly, it was not painfully slow. I could climb down the steps and climb back up again. I was doing great. The only setback then was the camera and the 28-135mm set up. Boy! They were heavy!

Spent a good half and hour or more walking and spending time together. Adam felt good! I felt good and everybody else too. In fact Su felt so good that she is sound asleep and giving the West Brom-Chelsea game a missed. I am too.

We ended up at A & A restaurant in Bedok North Street 3 and we had Grouper cooked in sweet and sour, sambal kangkong, seafood soup and drinks. Came up to be about $50.00. Felt much better after we have eaten and I felt wonderful when I wanted to stand up! The pain in my knee was gone! Voila!

Its a beautiful day, and I think it will be a beautiful night.

Slim

No comments: