Wednesday, July 14, 2010

I got a new toy.

I bought a new camera. I bought the nex 5 from Sony. The picture on the right is taken by it using the 16mm pancake lens. Its the view from my study room.

I have registered its warranty and I have upgraded the firmware. Seemed to be running fine. I bought it for SGD$1199. About $100 less than the RRP from Sony and other major shops. I chose the silver colour as it goes well with the two lenses. I am so excited.

I wanted to buy this camera ever since I have seen the commercial. Actually I have been aiming for a full frame dslr such as the alpha 850 or the 900. But it was just out of my budget. This was just right except for one thing. I already owned a compact, a panasonic lx1 and two dslrs. But when my wife asked if there was a compact she could take with her for her trip to NY, I jumped at the chance to sell her the nex 5 idea. It worked! I went out and bought it the very next day!

The panasonic just became too obsolete! Shoot anything with iso 200 or above and images became too grainy. The 5d, with lens is just too bulky. So, I think, the nex 5 fits the bill nicely.

I hope to bring it out soon and try it out. Seemed very inviting. Maybe I should visit sony center in wisma and see if I could get the lcd protector.

Oh by the way, my mom is getting worse. According to my father, she can't walk now. She should be undergoing physiotherapy now.

Will keep you posted.

No comments: