Thursday, July 31, 2008

The sun has set...

Yup, today is my last day. It ended with many poignant moments. Filled with friends, now ex-collegues, biddding farewell and wishing me the best. Some of them even pooled money to get me a gift. Very touching. Some of my pupils said goodbyes and I got teary eyed. So the sun has set on this chapter of my life.
A new chapter has started though. I solat with my son. It has been such a long time since I solat. Now I can. And I wish to have no more excuse to be solating with my son anymore.
I ended my official working day watching the flag lowering ceremony by the sideline. I guess that is where I will be now, by the sideline.
Come to think about it, its not the profession that I missed, its the though of not meeting my friends again that is causing me anguish. I have has this feelings before. I remember the first time was when it was the last day of my 1st year in Pre-U. I still remember them. Sukaimi, Aswadi, Yudi. I wonder if they are on facebook.
Yup, the sun has set. But it'll rise again, and what a coincidence, it'll rise on a Friday, the mightiest of all days.
Insyaalah.

No comments: