Thursday, July 24, 2008

I can't sleep.

I was awaken at half past midnight. I watched tv until 2 and it is now 2.34am. It's already Friday and I'm only a few days away from my R-Day. The day I will resign from the service. As I lay on my bed, I can't help but to see my friends' faces floating in front of me. The thought of not seeing them again, made me cry. I believe I made the right decision. I know I'm resigning for the best. I wish I could make it less painful. It has been an amazing journey. But what an ending! My wife is going to the states and that will leave me facing the R-Day alone. My son will register for P1 and I will be doing the registering alone. My son's sports day is next Sunday and I guess I will be there supporting him, alone. Too many alones in a month is not good. I know, god willing, my wife will be back. I know I'm healthy enough to keep myself busy. I know my objectives of resigning from the service is sound, but it is still not less painful.
I've organised a makan session this Saturday after Pre-Lim oral. I wonder if after that day, I'll be even more alone. Too many alones.
I've took out the money we save for our son's education from the trust account. I've bought unit trust using 1k and another 1.2k as a rsp plan, monthly. I hope to out in the rest in a POSB protect as you save plan. That should give me a 2.25% interest. Of course, this does not mean that I will not set aside the $100 monthly for him. I know I'm making the right decisions.
See, I've done something. Tomorrow, I'm going to start looking for work.



No comments: