Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Sick... again

My colleague, Poon, just gave me a call. He asked, ever so politely, whether I will be joining the science comm. meeting. I told him I was on medical leave.
I really need to get this phlegm thing out of my system. Its bothering me like crazy. Having problem sleeping at night. Had so much problem sleeping yesterday, I drove into JB at 1 in the morning. The usual jam was there but since this time I was not in a rush, I did manage to observe some very habits of those filling up their petrol tanks. One guy was shaking his Matrix so violently, that I could swear the car moved a few cm sideways. And he was taking such a loooong time. The funny thing was, there were 4 cars behind him. That would not be strange if the pump next to him was not empty of cars. Sure, it'll be troublesome to fill up if the you car petrol hole is on the other side, but its manageable. I should know, I went for it. Seems strange but nobody was behind me. So I really could take my time. Filled up 48 litres. At 2.70 rm per liter, that works out to be RM$129.60. That equaled to SG$55.14. If I'd pumped that same volume of petrol in SG, it'll cost me around SG$105.60 The tolls cost me around $3.00 so I could assume that I'd save around $50? Wow! Multiply that with the number of time I could possible go in, 8, and that'll save me $400! Wow!

No comments: