Saturday, May 10, 2008

Uni Letter

Just a got a letter offering me a place in Unisim. The intake will be in July. I was told to pay a $500 deposit which will offset the course fees later. Already paid using a cheque. Am really afraid. So many ifs. It's May, and I guess I'll be unemployed soon. I hope I can make this happen. Su told me that it should be exciting. Yeah, excitingly scary. I really hope it'll work.

A parent called me yesterday. She said her child does not want to go to school She then told me that she "whack" her daughter. She then told me the thinks she did to her daughter. I guess she was looking for a shoulder. I did not know how to react. I told her, that it was o.k to feel angry but I stop short of saying that she has every right to discipline the child. Sigh. What can I do. Tried calling a colleague who is in the PD department, but he did not pick up the phone. What can I do?

Oh by the way, I'm taking English with Sociology.

No comments: