Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Marantz amp

Just bough myself a used marantz amp pm 6100. Connected it to my 63se and output it through my Kef Q30 speakers. Played Peter Cincotti well, but lacklustre in nirvana mtv unplug.
Hoped to get a rotel biwire amp to connect it to my made in china m3i speakers...
Went to a shop, jenson audio at bedok north st 3. Nice guy. And met a couple of guys who, seems to me, audio freaks. I mean they are not freaky, just they seem so passionate about the music that it freaks me out! I guess, when I'm in their company, I'm the freak one out.
While I was there, they played some music on a mcintosh 225 or a 255 tube amp, connected it to a marantz space age looking cd player and out the music through these two 3-way speakers that literally blew my mind!
Sigh. Perhaps that is why my nirvana is no longer nirvana for me...

No comments: