Sunday, April 20, 2008

How I miss thee.

It has been such a long time, I took my camera out. I feel so depressed. I used to shoot for money and I thought I'd make my future out of it. But then practicality took over and I went into teaching, That was like 12 years ago. Now, i plan to quit teaching and concentrate to get a degree. Don't know why, but I think its is the right time for me to hit the books again. My wife, Su, holds a Masters and my son, Adam is going into Primary 1 next year.
But yeah, I still think having a degree is not the end all of anything, but I felt the urge to go for it. The same urge I felt when I sign up to teach. I just hope it would not take me some 12 years before I get a degree. Sigh.
Asked around and I've friends who dropped out of getting the degree. I've friends who, after they got the degree, got a pay cut. I've friends who took seven years to get the degree and then have a pay cut and yet I've friends who takes about 2 and a half years to get the degree, only to leave the teaching profession.
I love my son, my wife and my family. No way would I do something to harm them. I just hope that by quiting this seemingly very stable job, I would not take away anything from Adam.
So what's my plan, as it is, my cc bills are paid in full, my overdraft have been paid in full, finally and Su has just got promoted. I save around 150 bucks per month on interest alone. I saved some 40 dollars everytime I pump fuel at JB and I could go there twice a week, so that saves me some 320 per month. I plan to sign up for relief teaching, maybe that will add to my income and then I plan to give tuition. Adam goes to school from 1.45-4.45pm. Thus that will be my tuition time. I hope to have at least one per day. How much that will earn me I don't know. And since Adam is going into P1 next year, I could be saving as much as 100 per month. If everything goes well, I could let Risa go. If that happens, I'll be saving some 500 per month.
So many things I want to try. i want to be a taxi driver. I want to see how it is like. I'm sure I can do it. I want to learn more about the insurance industry, not to mention real estate. Not to earn money, but to learn. Maybe with Allah's blessing, I could provide a better life for Adam and Su.
But my long term plan would be to get the degree and work overseas. Imaging teaching in Langkawi. Only an hour plane ride from Singapore. That will be so cool. Maybe in Australia, in a farm, in a house. Maybe.
There, I did it, I'd cast my thoughts in stone, or at least in cyberspace. Now for me to chart my journey.
I've already applied for UNISIM. Its just a matter of time for me to hear from them. Su is very supportive although she is concern. I could tell, this was what her old man use to do. And she does not like what happened after. I love that woman. I'm so lucky. God help me if I ever hurt her.

No comments: