Sunday, July 01, 2018

Uncle Mat

This is Uncle Mat. Short for Selamat. Selamat, in my language means safe. Picture is a bit soft because of a lack of focussing skills. Not because of the lens.
Uncle Mat is married to my Aunty or Bibik Siti. A loving couple and have 3 kids of their own they still are ever so loving. Their youngest is about to be married to somebody who I am sure would be fun to be with.
I remembered when I was younger, much younger, I would sleep over their place even though their place is ever so small. From them I learned that space is what you make it out to be and I would always feel warm and loved whenever I was there. That place used to be in Toa Payoh.
What I remembered most about their place was their unique fridge. It had a digital clock on the door and four small buttons on it. I really don't know what those buttons are for but I would not stop pressing them everytime I am there. 
Uncle Mat used to be a drummer in a band. Serious. Now he walks with a cane with a smile ever present on his face.

Pentacon 135mm 2.8

No comments: