Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Men at Work

Men at Work by Nor Salman
Men at Work, a photo by Nor Salman on Flickr.

Via Flickr:
At Changi Boardwalk.

Taken using KM 7D and SMC Takumar 28/3.5

It was 11.30 am. I was just getting ready to study when my newly bought SMC Tak called out to me. I could not resist but I did not know where to go.

I took out my KM, fixed the Tak on it and drove to Changi. I wanted to take some pictures of the Aloha Chalets but there were occupants in it. Out of the blue, I parked the car and decided to walk.

I went onto the board walk and reached the Kelong Walk. It was here that I saw a group of men resting in the shady hut. As I approached thinking that it must have been one of the worst mistakes in going there, one by one the men went into the water.

I walked quicker and begin to snapped away. Some even posed for me. As far as I can infer, there were Malaysians, Singaporeans, Indonesians and a Bangladeshi, all trying to put up Kelong poles.

I saw a sign that says NEA was erecting those poles and that the whole area was supposed to be closed off. Well, nobody reads signs anyways.

I snapped about a 100 more shots, but I could only see a few keepers. More pictures in my Flickr account.

Anyway, the moments I witnessed showed how much fun a person can have in their work. There was laughter and togetherness while the men was working. At least, I now have an inkling as to how those kelongs were built.

Slim.

No comments: