Monday, June 14, 2010

Rubber plantation

The picture is taken at around 8 in the morning. It shows the rubber plantation which is just outside my kampung house's main gate.

I have been wanting to get this shot ever since I saw the place. As you can see, the plantation is huge. Sometimes, there will be a herd of cows or buffaloes grazing in it. That will be an interesting shot wouldn't it?

Anyway, this was taken with my Konica Minolta 7D with a Minolta 28mm 2.8. Taken at 5,6, I think. I bracketed with a few shots, and I think this is the best. No PP done.

Went to kampung thrice within the first 2 weeks of the June holidays. It's a long drive, about 4 hours or more, and it can get pretty dangerous. But the place is so peaceful. True, there are many things that needed to be done, but nobody rushes you. I planted about 4 seedlings when I went there last, two mango trees, a jackfruit tree, a longan tree, a curry leave tree, sunflowers and corn. Don't think I will be back there soon, but my mother-in-law will. Hope the plants will have grown.

My mother-in-law, sheesh, she is the most hardworking one. Non-stop working from dawn to dusk. My wife too. But then everybody was working at their own pace. So everybody was happy.

Su's aunt from Shah Alam came to visit and so did some of her other cool cousins. One of them is a performer.

Having a headache now.

Will post more pics, god willing.


No comments: