Saturday, November 14, 2009

Water

A friend of mine was trying to sell me the idea that the filtration
system he is selling give cleaner water than the tap water. If this
was in another country, I would so be the very interested, but I live
in Singapore.
Anyway, by using a magnifying like in the shape of a periscope, devise, he showed me a canister of
tap water, which I saw some floating particles. Then he showed me
another canister of water which has been filtered
Sure enough, no floating particles. And then the sales pitch.
"As you can see, Singapore water is not clean. This devise is our top
selling product."
Then my response.
"Are you saying we are drinking dirty water?"
"Not dirty, just less clean."
"What would happen to me if I continue to drink the tap water."
"You'll be sick. In the long run."
"How long is long?"
"Maybe 10 to 20 years."
"So are you saying that I won't be sick if I drink water from your
filtration system?"
"Er, that depends. For example, what you eat or drink when you are out
of the house."
"So there are other factors that contribute being sick lah.."
"Yes"
"So you are saying that there is no guarantee that I won't be sick if
I drink water from your filtration system."
".."
I wanted to dwell more on the other claims but I sense that he sensed that I can see
through his claims.
But the fact that still bothers me is his claim that bottled water is
better than Singapore's tap water

I beg
To differ.


Slim.

No comments: