Friday, August 27, 2010

Mom, supported.

According to my father and the doc, the cancer has spread throughout her body. 

Yesterday night, she woke up and called for me. So I had to drive to Tampines. Held her hand and well, it was very emotional. She said she did not want to die yet, she wanted to see my sister's wedding through. I told her, that all this negative thoughts are like prayers. She should think about positive thoughts, so those will be her prayers. She smiled.

We thought that it was her last moments. But thankfully it was not. She still could joke even in her condition, which I thought was quite encouraging. She said, not to switch off the lights. When I asked her why, she said, that my dad would not be able to sleep in the dark. (My dad is afraid of the dark). I laugh, she asked me why I am laughing. She said that my dad is afraid that something might come and take him away. She then used my hand as a support, turned to her side and fell asleep. 

No comments: