Friday, April 16, 2010

time capsule

I have bought myself a time capsule. Its one of those that is a wireless n router, 1 TB hard drive and can become a hub for a printing as well. In short, it functions as well as my 5 year old wireless router and my 1 TB seagate external hardrive.
Setting up to have internet access for my mac book pro, Adam's toshiba and Su's macbook was as easy as pie. Something went wrong with my acer as it could not connect with the router. Still trying and since Risa used it for facebooking, she finally realised that she is an addict to that farmville game.
The manual said that I could connect a hard drive to the time capsule, but maybe its me, I just could not. I wish I had as many neighbours who are proficient in Mac as Windows. After I connected the hard drive, I just could not access it. It was very dissappointing as I missed class to set this up.
I have yet to see if the printer can print through the network. But my initial objectives are met, namely to back up my mac, and su's. Its taking a long time, since its through wireless and its the initial back up.
I back up Adam's on the 1TB external hard drive.
My aunt, a masseuse is here, giving my wife a massage. She brought her granddaughter. Its very endearing to see Adam and her playing together. Always wanted a second child. Been trying for the past 8 years. I am grateful for Adam, don't get me wrong. But I think, god willing, it'll be nice to have another.
Adam does not think so. The other day, while it was just the two of us in the car, I told him what I think being the eldest entails. The responsibilities of being not just the eldest but what is meant to be the eldest son. He replied, with quite a contented voice, "but I am not the oldest!"
He really does not like to have younger kids around, especially in his room. He has this fear, which unfortunately came through many times, that toddlers would just "destroy" his room.
In many respects, I can empathise with him. But learn he must. God willing, he will.

No comments: