Monday, May 11, 2009

Satay

Its 15 minutes to ten in the evening now and I've just reached home. We had dinner at Jalan Kayu and it was a nice way to end the long weekend. We had chicken murtabak ($6), mee goreng ($3.50) and Adam ordered prata kosong and prata plaster ($0.90 and $1.50 respectively). An interesting addition to the menu at JK was the appearance of Satay. We ordered 20 sticks of chicken satay ($10.50) with a serving of rice cakes. It was worth the wait if I do say so myself.
Adam going back to school tomorrow and I guess my routine will be go back to normal. He seems full of spirit and he managed to complete all the homework which was given by his teacher. Too bad he could not be at the BBQ I had with my Holy friends. We had that BBQ at Changi Civil Service club and although the view was fantastic (it was sea facing), the day was quite warm. It took alot from me as I really was begging for more sleep throughout the day after. I'd would take pictures if not for the fact that I was the principal BBQer. Generally, it went well and it ended when it should, that is around 11 pm.
I think I'll drop by JB for petrol tonight seeing that the tank is already at its three quarter mark.

No comments: