Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Context

Context to anything is important especially in an argument. If an argument is taken out of context, then meaning is lost and the argument becomes invalid. Ever more so if one is trying to prove a point.�
We were watching the news yesterday and the newscaster mentioned that anybody who has the flu and quarantined, if they were caught flouting the quarantined order, they would be fined a significant amount of money. Here, the context is the swine flu. Something that my wife forgot to mentioned to Adam as she happily rephrase the news to him.
It became apparent when today, as I told him we would be going out grocery shopping, he went into the room and confided to the maid. He does not want to follow and he felt awkward in telling me so. The maid told him to talk to me.
Well, he did. He said that he is afraid to follow me to the store as he'll be caught by the police and made to pay $10000. Sheesh.
I clarified that to him and finally, I went to the store alone. His limp though is getting worse and although he does not show it, I'm sure the pain is killing him.

No comments: