Sunday, August 17, 2008

Monday

Its an hour into a new Monday. Wifey is having off in lieu for National Day today, so we are staying over at my parents place. Adam is all excited, he refuses to fall asleep until his cousin does, but then, girls being girls, she managed to stay awake longer than him! Oh well, he has kept a regular sleeping pattern since birth: wakes up at 6, sleeps before 9. 
Just received an SMS from an ex colleague who has also left the teaching service. And today will be his first work day. So, Isham, I wish you all the best in this new chapter of your life.
Meeting an Insurance guy who is keen to recruit me. He sells OUB manulife policies. I'm still inclined to go with NTUC as I think theirs are more truthful. But then said, I think if one needs to grow their money, insurance is not the way, security of their money yes, but not to grow. To a certain extent, insurance does help to grow your money but usually at a cost of you have to lock up the funds until the breakeven year, and that could be as far as 10-15 years. Now to me, money is money, it has to remain liquid. If you are buying for security, yes go for insurances. But then, moderation is the key.

No comments: