Sunday, April 23, 2006

Election 2006

Election in Singapore is coming up on May 6th. The only thing I have about this election is the date. Since it'll be on a Saturday, then half a weekend is burnt. And since I'm a civil servant, I guess, more so, I'll be on duty. Hooray...

Oh well, my weekend is almost over. It'll be another week of teaching my 11 year olds again. They really are not that bad. They've got the spirit and the body, especially, their mouth are most willing. What they really need right now, well most of them anyways, is support.

Frankly, I don't give a damn as to how they live their lives outside school, well actually I do, but that's not the point. The point is, what they do out school time will invariably affect what they do in school. And in that respect, the adults in their lives have to take things more seriously. I'm sure many of them are doing their damndest! I'm sure they'll say they have to work, earn money and they have other commitments... but god damn them! The kids, are they not one of the commitments?

Sometimes, I'm sad, looking and empathysing with them. Both my pupils and their parents. But who can we blame for all that had happened? No one! Not a single soul.

Shit happens... and its happening every day. We got to live with that. Its one thing that make us... us. So if you put one and one together, we got to love shit! If nothing bad happens, don't we get worried? Whether its small shit, big shit or itsy bitsy teeny weeny shit, its what keep us on our toes. It makes us stronger. Thus... shit makes us stronger. Incredible as it may seem, think about it. And if you think deeper, its not really the shit that makes us stronger, its what we do with the shit that comes along that makes or breaks us.

Why am I talking about shit... well I get shit almost everyday whats worse, those shits are not mine... They just got pass along and I have to handle them. Many a times, those shit comes in the form of 11 year olds. And so very often, big mama and bid daddy shit comes along. SHIT!

Oh well... I guess many teachers can emphatise with me.

23 april 2154 hrs

No comments: