Wednesday, June 24, 2015

No posting of food pictures.

Huhh?
I have come to realise that there seems to be a mind shift in the posting of food pictures onto Facebook during Ramadan. This is in line with the many other Muslims in other parts of the world whose fates are much worse than yours. 

I am all for it. I mean ok, that there are people who does not have enough in their daily meals and I should respect that. In all and as many ways as possible, I do. I do respect that. But I post what I eat for iftar nontheless.

Why not?
Why can't I celebrate the rezeki that Allah has given me and my family? Why can't I show my appreciation to Allah S.W.T for what he has given to me. So I did. I post pictures of the halal food I was given to consume. I really do not see how not posting pictures of the food that lay in front of me can in anyway helped those more needy than me. I may be more needy that the guy next door, and he has no qualm about posting pictures of the restaurant that he owns or he went to.

There is a limit.
Yes, it lies in your intention. Why do you want to post those pictures up in the first place? Some people may think that one is bragging when one post those pictures. My question for those people, how do you know? Am I bragging when I post pictures of my children collecting book prizes? Am I bragging when I post pictures of the books that I have in my collection? How can one tell? One can't. So stop it.

It is fine.
Yes it is fine if one decide not to post pictures because one is afraid one may be "bragging". But its not fine if one were to judge others for doing so. Its just not right. Have I been judged by the "friends" I have on facebook. The answer is, I don't know. Should I care? Maybe. If its somebody close, I would care. But I won't stopped. My wife, me or my domestic helper toiled in the kitchen and produces something extraordinary, something halal, someting pure, for consumption by everyone, is something worth celebrating. An in doing so, one way is to post pictures on facebook. I want to let everybody know, if you work hard enough, Allah s.w.t will provide, in sha allah.

Salam.

No comments: