Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Panasonic 14mm 2.5

New toy
Well, strictly speaking its not a new toy. Its newer. I bought it used. I bought it for SGD$180. I bought it yesterday. Thus, used, $180 and yesterday should provide an inkling as to how excited I was in using this lens.

EPL2 and Panasonic 14mm 2.5
Not yet
I have to use it for a full day yet. But the pictures look promising. Its small, much smaller than the panasonic 20mm, another new lens that I just bought.

This lens provide me with a fov of 28mm, and although many would argue that a 35mm (the olympus 17mm) or a 24mm (the olympus 12mm) would give a more satisfying photography experience, I beg to differ. I like this focal length. It is more practical. It gives less distortion and its much much cheaper than either of those two lenses I mentioned.

Wide
I would think that this 14mm is a safe bet for those who wanted a bit more oomph as compared to the 14mm in the kit lens. The improvements in low light picture taking is in itself a boon.

Here are some pic which I took today using my EPL2.

As I exited out of the tunnel

The traffic was at a standstill. I wind down the windows and I took a snap.

Hat on a dashboard
Wife made this. Its still on my dashboard.

Stay tuned for more pictures.

Slim


No comments: