Monday, November 18, 2013

A new toy

Traded
I bought or traded a new toy today. I traded my EP2 with an EPL2. I know, to some, I am making a mistake, seeing that EP2 is placed higher than the EPL2. Well, EPL2 is newer and it fits more comfortably in my hand.

EPL2 with the Panasonic 14-45

Test
As usual, once a photo bug gets hold of a new toy, he, or she, will inadvertently find excuses to play with the toy. As for me, well, I had to do my morning walk. I went to Punggol Riverside again, but this time I shot nearer to the main road, not anywhere near the river.  And below are some shots while I was cooking and when I just had the camera. I love the handling so much that I shoot everything and anything with it!

At Serangoon, test shot immediately after I get hold of the camera.

Latitude
I find the exposure camera of this camera much, much better than the EP1 and the EP2. The picture appears smoother and there are more details in the shadows and the highlight. 

Chicken searing in the hot pan prior to becoming a stew. Olympus 45mm 1.8

And color and the tone is somewhat more pleasing to the eye. Perhaps its the lens, perhaps its the new image processing software. I don't know. What I know is, the EPL2 rocks!

Reflection, Punggol Riverside. 

Handling
Even though that there no more of the vertical aluminum dial, the handling is convenient enough. I don't make use of the vertical dial often enough in my EP1 and EP2 to miss it in the EPL2. The mode dial clicks confidently when you rotate it. The AF is fast enough and does not hunt as much a compared to the EP2.

Size
If this EPL2 is mated to a pancake lens like the 17mm or the 20mm or even the 14mm, this will fit into my shirt pocket sans any problem.

Red leaves.

Steve Huff did a review of the M43 which you can find it here. He seems to be very into the M43 system, and I now understand why. I am loving it.

Caveat...
I am not saying that the M43 system is the holy grain (pun intended). I still grab my Sony when I know I need to shoot in High ISO, but for general photo taking, its portability, I believe the Pen and maybe the Panasonic GF and GX series (I do not have one), more than meets the expectations.

Slim

More pictures:

Gears, converted in LR 4.

Using the Olympus 45mm 1.8

Adam, Indoors under various color temperature.

And it rained!

Droplets on leaves, using the camera's high grain black and white ART filter.


Ok, good night for now.

Slim








No comments: