Monday, July 11, 2011

My dad


My dad drop by just now. He started by telling me about the jam at the causway. It went from there and we talked about his intention to get married. It was a long talk. But to sum it up..
He..She is quite elderly, I'm 60+ and she is 50+. She is religiously upright, I think it will be good if I marry her. I just want the company and since she is already there, I don't want to be caught by the khalwat police...
Me...I support you in whatever decision you decide to make. But I don't think its fair that you are marrying her for the reasons you mentioned. Maybe you should get to know her, her family and more and for her to know more of you before you make the decision.

Yup, plus the other extras such as my sister's sofa and whats been happening in Tampines, that was mostly it.

I hope he will make the right decision, but I think I got to him when he said that there are so many years left for him. What I did was, I used my training in how to deal with parents and I said,"Are you telling me that you know what is going to happen in the future?" and "Statistics have shown that men could live until 83 while women could live until 89. Thats at least 20 more years. Would you want to rush into things that may provide a lasting impact for the 20 years?" Cool huh?

Now, I need to shower and off to tuition I will go.

Slim.

No comments: