Thursday, September 18, 2008

Take Stock

It has been about two months since I resigned. What has happened in my life lately. Well the thing that triggers this reflection was the song I heard from the radio on the way back from JB. I think the chorus starts with here without you baby..da di da..
Oh well.
Anyway, if I were to follow the schedule, I would be a licensed financial planner by the end of next week. That would mean that I would be able to do one of those things that I believe in. Hey, insurance may not be a everyone's cup of tea, nevertheless, it'll helps when you are thirsty right?
But then, my mom's chemo and radio schedule interferes with my class timings. So, I had to forego attending the class. One has to pass 2 papers, M9 and M5 and attend two ITC class to be licensed as a financial planner. I passed my m9 and in a few hours it'll be m5 paper. But I'll have to sit for the ITC class in November though.
Received a letter from LTA, regarding my taxi vocation classes and bus driver vocational class. Did not know that you have to take classes for both. For bus drivers, it is 3 nights followed by a test. To be a taxi, one needs to take classed for 30 days plus an excursion. Hooray, an excursion. Requirements set by the STA, Singapore Taxi Academy. See, even taxi also got academy. So all the taxi drivers that you see out there are actually graduates.
Managed to coach adam better for the past few weeks. Actually, only to a certain extent. For example, his knowledge in piano playing AND history is far better than mine, and his Iqra is at least 5 times better. My role when it comes to these study sessions, is to make he is on task and nod my head as and when needed. But his Math and English is much better now and his Science is fantastic. He got a telescope for his birthday, but yet to be able to make use of it yet because of the cloudy night sky nowadays.
A friend of mine, Su's colleague and friend too pass away on Sunday. He died in his sleep, while sleeping next to his fiance. Scary huhh? I mean, I don't know about you, but when I wake up at 3.00 am, I would like to squeeze my partner before falling asleep again. So, in this case, what actually will you be hugging? Anyway, she only realise he has passed away the NEXT MORNING.
My friend, was Scottish and they finally shipped his body out to Scotland on Wednesday. It was a shock to me. NOT the shipping out part, the dying part. I think he was in his thirties. I'm in my thirties!
Its ten past 2 in the morning, and it sure is a warm night. I'm practically saunaing in the dining room.
Finances are a bit tight, but I think it's livable. Could not spend as much as before though. I mean, I could not buy a new h/p, a new set of wheels for my car. I used to be able to though. But then, it comes in a package.
So here's to me, all the best.
And to you, take care.

No comments: