Monday, July 15, 2013

A new beginning

A letter
As I write this entry, I am filled with excitement, yet full of dismay. I am excited that if everything goes well, I should be well on my way of attaining my wildest dreams, to be a taxi driver. Yes, I have said this to many and I will now declare it to all who care to read, I want to be a taxi driver. The romanticsm of driving a shiny vehicle along the roads of Singapore, being given the opportunity to peek into another's way of living as we chatted on in that short period of time, would that not be great? Less not a voyeur I be, but a more knowledgeable person I should be.

A dmit
I will admit it. Many do not subcribed to the notion of driving people around to be the best way to make a living. But what is best to some people may be the ultimate for others and some may say its not their cup of tea. I may be a romantic at heart, but I am also a realist. A realist that realise he may be wrong. What I would not give to be sitting, driving people all day and being paid for it. But people do say though, its a hard life. And while part of me still longed for the freedom of being your own boss, a bigger part of me tells me that it is a dangerous, tough and time consuming occupation.

The start
Nevertheless, I have sent in the application form. I hope my wildest dreams will come true. I hope I do become a taxi driver.

Slim

No comments: