Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Mission

A lot of things happened since the last post. MM Lee Kuan Yew and SM Goh Chok Tong resigned from the Singapore cabinet. PM Lee Hsien Loon has yet to announce the new cabinet line up and er well, since this is a historic announcement, "wah!".

I on the other hand has did much work on my HIFI set. First and foremost, I set up my marantz and mated it to my M3i bookshelves. A friend passed me his Sansui PD11 turntable which is in not a good working condition. I bought a used Thorens 165 TD instead, which is abit steep at S$350. Oh by the way, did I mentioned that Standard Chartered rejected my opening of a US$ savings account. Oh well..
Anyways, while setting up my living room set, I blew up my KEF Qi speakers. So I managed to get a pair of m34i floorstanders for S$400. Very heavy, due in part that the previous owner has placed sand bags in it. My marantz amp is now in my room together with the philips blue ray player and the floorstanders. I've rewired the speakers and now the sound does not get cut off immediately. I impressed myself actually as I intended to drive to sim lim and possibly spent a huge amount of money buying speaker wires and banana plugs. And since I did not do that, I saved myself the travelling and money and still got the job done...Hurray for Slim.

Ok Adam is back from school.

Slim.

No comments: