Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Penne and angelhair pasta in oil.





It was ten in the morning and I was hungry for something warm, smooth and beautiful but my wife was not at home so I made this... I used Penne and Anglehair spaghetti as I had them. I'd recommend the normal spaghetti though. 
I cm cut off a brick of butter. 
2 cloves of garlic chopped. 
Chilli flakes, you could use chopped chilli too. 
Salt to taste.  
1. Cook pasta. 
2. Strain pasta. 
3. Heat butter and pour in chilli flakes and garlic in a pan. 
3. Add in olive oil. 
3. Add in pasta. 
4. Stir. 
5. Serve.  

Notes. 
1. Stir butter, chilli flakes and garlic constantly while cooking. This is to avoid burning the sauce. 
2. Switch off flame when you add in the pasta. Total cooking time, the time taken tohave the pasta cook +5 minutes. In the pictures above, I add in cherry tomatoes.

No comments: